Friday, April 1, 2016
U.S. Delegation Attends Inauguration of Central African Republic President
Office of the Press Secretary
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 25, 2016
President Obama Announces Presidential Delegation to the Central African Republic to Attend the Inauguration of His Excellency Faustin-Archange Touadéra,President-elect of the Central African Republic
President Barack Obama today announced the designation of a Presidential Delegation to the Central African Republic to Attend the Inauguration of His Excellency Faustin-Archange Touadéra, President-elect of the Central African Republic, on March 30, 2016.
The Honorable Samantha Power, U.S. Permanent Representative to the United Nations, will lead the delegation.
Members of the Presidential Delegation:
* The Honorable Jeffrey Hawkins, U.S. Ambassador to the Central African Republic, Department of State
* The Honorable Karen Bass, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives (CA-37)
* The Honorable Isobel Coleman, U.S. Representative to the United Nations for UN Management and Reform
* The Honorable Raymond Mabus, U.S. Secretary of the Navy
* The Honorable Linda Etim, Assistant Administrator for Africa, U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
* General David M. Rodriguez, Commander, U.S. Africa Command (USAFRICOM)
* The Honorable D. Bruce Wharton, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs, Department of State